Effective Date: June 1st, 2020
Cortexia SA (“we”, “us”, “our”) operates the website www.cortexia.ch (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page explains our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices available to you regarding such data.
- Service Service means the website www.cortexia.ch operated by Cortexia SA.
- Personal data Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from such data (or from such data and other information in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Use Data Usage Data is collected automatically and is generated either by the use of the Service or by the infrastructure of the Service itself (for example, the duration of a page consultation).
- Cookies Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Subcontractors (or Service Providers) The term Subprocessor (or Service Provider) refers to any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of more than one Service Provider in order to process your data more efficiently.
- Person Concerned (or User) A Concerned Person is any living person who uses our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Data Collection and Use
We collect several types of data for different purposes in order to provide you with our Service and to improve it.
Types of Data Collected
When you use our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that may be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Address, town, canton, postal code
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to send you newsletters, marketing communications or promotions and other information that may be of interest to you. You can choose not to receive any communications from us or to receive only certain communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by following the instructions in each of the emails we send.
We may also collect information relating to how you access and use the Service (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as the Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address) of your computer, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the date and time of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store data about your location if you authorise us to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide the functionality of our Service and to improve and customize our Service.
When you use our Service, you may enable or disable Location Data services at any time using your device settings.
Tracking and Cookie Data
Cookies are small data files that may contain an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and are stored on your device. Other tracking technologies such as pixels, tags and scripts are also used to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. . However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain elements of our Service.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preferences Cookies: We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security reasons.
- Advertising Cookies: Cookies allow us to show you advertisements that we think you might be interested in and that match your interests.
Use of Data
Cortexia SA uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and ensure our Service
- To let you know about changes to our Service
- To allow you to use the interactive features of our Service whenever you want to do so
- To ensure customer support
- To collect valuable data or analysis that will allow us to improve our Service
- To control the use of our Service
- To detect, prevent and solve technical problems
- To let you know about news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have already indicated that you do not wish to receive such information.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Cortexia SA peut traiter vos Données à Caractère Personnel:
- Because we need to perform a contract with you
- Because you authorized us to do so
- Because we have a legitimate interest in carrying out this processing and your rights do not take precedence over this legitimate interest
- To respect the law.
Cortexia SA will also retain the Usage Data for internal analysis purposes Usage Data is generally kept for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to enhance the security or improve the functionality of our Service, or if we are legally obliged to keep this data longer.
Information about you, including your Personal Data, may be transferred from your region, province, country, or other territorial division to and stored on computers located in a place where data protection laws differ from the jurisdiction in which you reside.
If you reside outside of Switzerland and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer data, including Personal Data, to and from Switzerland and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure of Data to Law Enforcement Agencies
Under certain circumstances, Cortexia SA may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (e.g. a court or government agency).
Cortexia CH may disclose your Personal Data if it believes in good faith that this is necessary to:
- Fulfill a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Cortexia SA.
- Preventing or investigating possible wrongdoing within the Service
- To ensure the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protecting yourself against civil liability
The security of your data is important to us. However, please keep in mind that no method of data transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable methods to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data protection rights granted to you by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Cortexia SA intends to take reasonable steps to enable you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to know what Personal Data we hold about you and would like it deleted from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we hold about you. Where this option is provided, you can view or update your Personal Data or request its deletion in the settings section of your account. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance.
- Right of correction. You have the right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of opposition. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Right of limitation. You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format.
- Right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if Cortexia SA AG has relied on your consent to process your personal data.
Please note that we may ask you to prove your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For further details, please contact your nearest data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third party companies and third parties to facilitate the provision of our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to provide services related to the Service or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties only have access to your Personal Information to perform these tasks on our behalf and are prohibited from disclosing or using it for any other purpose.
We may use third party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- For more information about Google’s privacy practices, please visit the Google Privacy and Terms webpage: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use third party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to present advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- The AdMob by Google service is provided by Google You may opt out of the AdMob by Google service by following the instructions provided by Google https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
- Google Ads (AdWords):The Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on plug-in – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – in your web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on plug-in allows visitors to prevent Google Analytics from collecting and using their data.
- Twitter:The Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc. You can opt out of Twitter’s interest-based ads by following Twitter’s instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/201704
- Facebook:The Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based Facebook ads by visiting this page https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
- To opt-out of interest-based Facebook Ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Principles of Self-Regulation for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may also opt out of Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the United States http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canadahttp://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europehttp://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or by using your mobile device .
- For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please see Facebook’s data policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may offer paid products and/or services as part of the Service. In such cases, we will use third party services for payment processing (i.e., payment processing companies). We will not collect or retain your payment card information
The payment processing companies we work with are:
Links to other sites
We have no control over the content, policies or privacy practices of third party sites or services and assume no responsibility or liability for them.
Our Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you know that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from children without verifying parental consent, we will take steps to delete this information from our servers.
How to contact us
- By email: email@example.com or by clicking on this link.